A smart way to |
A simple way for Africans to save, send and spend their money in a stable currency like the US dollar to protect themselves from inflation.
As software ate the world over the last decade, DeFi will eat traditional finance during the next one
Explore the great features coming soon to PiggyFi
Be able to save all of your local earnings in USD
Conveniently convert your local currency to US dollars and vice versa.
Pay for your airtime recharge, data, electricity, and more from you USD wallet on the platform.
In-app Inter-Africa transfer
Transfer USD to other African countries that can be converted to their local currency using PiggyFi
Request payments and receive funds in USD from other PiggyFi users
What other features would you like to see on PiggyFi? Tell us
How it works
Simple to use
Create your account
Please provide your full name, valid email address and input a secure password for your account
Convert your funds to USD
Convert your local currency to a stable digital currency such as USDT through a secured P2P system. Pay via bank transfer with a 1% transaction fee.
Start Saving, Make Bills Payment & Transfers
Start saving in USD or any stable currency, make all bill payments, and execute transfers from your wallet to other PiggyFi users across 6 African countries.
Building with Xend finance layer 2 architecture & SDK
- Faster transactions: Diversified sharding allowing faster transactions
- Cheaper fees: Lower gas fees for all transactions
- Highly scalable: Integrating functionality quickly, making the product cycle shorter
- Higher Interest: Xend tokens earned, will be distributed to customers in USD as interest
Building with Harmony Bridge to Ethereum Chain
- Interoperability: Bridge to All Chains including Ethereum
- Maximum security: Delegated Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism
- Faster: Runs Ethereum applications with 2-second transaction finality
- Cheaper: 1000 times lower transaction fees
Building with Cronos
- EVM Compatible: Our smart contracts will be deployed on the EVM. Cronos powered by Ethermint supported Dapps deployed on Ethereum
- Scalable: Cronos can process way more transactions per minute than the EVM, making it faster, cheaper and greener 🌱 to execute smart contracts
- Interoperable: It is easy to exchange assets and services, transfer value, and allow blockchains to talk to each other without running into the scaling issues on Cronos, which is common amongst some of the largest blockchains today
- Easy deployment: We can quickly and easily deploy on the Cronos network once we are ready to go live without running into issues.
Building with Celo Platform
- Celo Asset: With the Celo Dollar (cUSD) stable currency tracking the US Dollar, we will be able to move value across countries faster, cheaper.
- Low Fees: With the volume of daily transactions that would be carried out on our platform daily, Celo offers us Ultra-low network transaction fees thereby saving us a lot of costs.
- Yield Generation: We will generate interest on users’ savings by providing users’ savings as liquidity to a lending protocol deployed on the Celo network, such as Aave finance.
- Optimized for Financial Application: Celo’s industry-leading decentralized phone number verification will allow users to easily send or request digital currencies across the border from any mobile number
|Inflation rate:||17.75% ↗|
|Population:||> 206 Million↗|
|Minimum wage:||77 USD↗|
|GDP per capita:||2,097 USD↗|
According to 2021 sources, in the past 12 months, the Nigerian naira has devalued from ₦361 per dollar to ₦413 per dollar on the international market, and as high as ₦565 as of Oct 23, 2021, on the black market.
Let’s take a fixed income earner on a minimum wage of ₦30,000 (< 77$), saving 10% of his/her salary ₦3,000(< 7.7$) monthly between Oct 23, 2020 - Aug 23, 2021.
By the end of the savings period, she would have successfully saved ₦30,000, which by now is worth less than it used to be due to the continuous rising inflation rate.
By Aug 23, 2021. The savings value in USD is no more worth about 77$ but instead is only worth approximately $63.91.
The difference is a whopping $14. Which when converted back to naira, is equal to the person losing Two months savings, when converted back to naira.
If there were to be an easy, cheap, and very accessible means for the savings to be in USD which is a more stable currency than the Nigerian naira, Such loss would have been prevented.
In the above case study, it may not seem like much was lost, but if you apply the figure to a larger number the difference would surprise you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is PiggyFi?
Does PiggyFi work with any traditional Financial Institution?
What problem does PiggyFi solves?
Why is PiggyFi Better than other Traditional Fintech Savings Platforms?
Do I need knowledge of blockchain to use PiggyFi?
How do you convert my funds to USD using blockchain?
What is peer-to-peer (P2P) trading?
How can I withdraw funds on PiggyFi?
How secure is PiggyFi?
How secure is PiggyFi?
How does PiggyFi benefit from building on Xend Finance SDK?
How does PiggyFi benefit from building on Harmony?
Join Our community or send us an Email
PiggyFi is a convenient way to save money in stable currencies and guard your money against inflation